Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Peek at my week - 11/11/11

Linking up over at Clutter Free Classroom for another peek at my week.  (She doesn't have it ready yet, I will link up tomorrow hopefully.)

First I have to say Happy Veteran's Day to all Veterans including my husband, his father, his mother's father and his nephew who is still serving in Iraq.  We are so grateful for your dedication and service to keep this great country free.  We especially are thinking of those who gave all on this special date of 11-11-11.



My week was really different this past week.  We had a field trip on Wednesday and we had Veteran's Day off so our schedule was adjusted.  I had to squeeze in two phonics lessons on Monday so I could still give the assessment on Thursday.  Monday was great, I felt prepared and my class did great work at centers.  I was doing a practice video during guided reading groups in preparation for doing the real thing on Tuesday.  (I'd been asked by my Principal to video my small group reading lesson to show in a faculty meeting).  Then as I am starting my 2nd group guess who walks in the door...yep you guessed it...my principal for an informal observation. Guess where she sat...yep, right at the table with us.  For some weird reason I did not turn on the camera for this group so I did not get her in the video (I bet she appreciates my technology failure).  Luckily, my group went SO great while she was in there.  Everyone else was on task and quiet too so I was a little disappointed the camera was not on.  Later I got an email from her asking to video that lesson cause she liked it so much.  She left great comments too.  It is so nice to get good feedback from her.  :)  If you would like to see the lesson, I did get the group before her on camera.  They did great too.  We were working with our letter of the week "F" and stretching words to spell them.  Then I used a letter spinner on my laptop to make CVC words for them to read.  If it was a real word, they wrote it down.  If it was not a real word I asked them to tell me what letter to spin to make it a real word.




Then Tuesday was the real video day.  I was ready and the kids did great today too except for one little stinker who took out a wooden letter puzzle (that they are not allowed to use during this time and he knows that) and he dropped all 26 pieces on the floor during the video!!! I am sure my face turned red, but we just kept on going and my parent volunteer helped him clean up.  I hope it is ok, I have not seen it yet.  It makes me the most nervous for my colleagues to see me and "critique" me, even though I know they will be nice.  :)


Wednesday was Field Trip day!! We went to Diamond D Ranch in Jacksonville to finish up our Farm Unit.  We had beautiful weather and the kids had a great time!  I had 18 kids and 9 parents!  I love having so many parents who take the time to come with their kids.  It really makes a positive difference.  Here are a few pics from the trip.  I love feeding the cows the best...EWWWW! the long slobbery tongue is gross!!
Feeding the Catfish

Catfish feeding is a great surprise!

Love falling asleep on the bus on the way back to school.  That means they had a great day of learning.

Thursday we tried to get back into the normal routine...phonics test, reading lesson, centers, writing lesson about our fun field trip, math lesson, centers and music.  I love having a short week until the next week begins.  I look forward to time with my family, but I am excited to get back to my kiddos at school too.  I am lucky to love both of my jobs.

That was my week.  I hope you enjoyed.  I look forward to linking up to all of your blogs.
Only one more week till Thanksgiving...lots of turkey stuff next week.

Tawnya

No comments:

Post a Comment