Saturday, October 8, 2011

Peek at my week ending 10-7

Thanks again to Clutter Free Classroom for the link-up!  I love seeing what you all are doing.  Don't forget to check out all the other classroom peeks on her page.

The biggest thing that happened this week is that I was observed.  YEAH!  We have a great principal and I really enjoy working for her. I love that she has high expectations for us and we all work hard for her.  BUT, she makes me nervous when she comes in the room.  Luckily, everything was going well.  I was doing guided reading with my small groups and the rest of the class was working away at centers.  I had 2 parents in the room at the time and I think that helped cause one was giving AR tests and one was monitoring centers for me. I was working on fluency with the sight words with my higher groups and building CVC words with the letter tiles with the lower group.  Later in the week, she gave me a compliment that my small group reading lesson was really great.  :)  YEAH!  I love when I get positive feedback from her.

Most of all, I love teaching my students to read and write.  Here are a few things we did this week.

Scarecrow writing

"My scarecrow is silly"

Putting pumpkins in order by size

Our Family Tree project from last week, I forgot to take a picture of.  :)

I love my Environmental print chart.  I put them on velcro so the kids can take them to their seats and  use them in their writing.

Putting the numbers 1-10 in order without talking...Shhh!

A couple are still out of order, we are still working on it.  :)

Now we got it!
Using magnets to spell our sight words.  I think we ran out of t's for the word two.  :)

Overall, another great week in the Busy Bee classroom.  I love watching them learn and grow so much everyday.

Thanks for peeking and I would love some comments.  I'll be sure to hop over to your blog and leave a comment too.  


2 comments:

  1. Your classroom looks like so much fun! :)
    I am a new follower :)
    Have a great week! :)
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Cheryl! You have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete