Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cute lunch tags

At my school the kids have to wear name tags to lunch.  Last year, I tried laminated pictures on yarn...that was a pain in the neck.  They kept twisting around the kids' necks, getting stuck in the girls' hair, etc.  Then I got a little smarter and bought the clear name badges from WM and the little silver clips that go with them.  They were much more durable, but were more difficult for little fingers to pinch.  They also broke a few so I felt it was not worth the effort to keep replacing them.  So this year I searched high and low for something that would be easy to pinch and would be durable enough to last the year.  This is what I came up with and so far they are working really well.

BEE tags - I used pony beads and pipe cleaners to make the bee body

Then I used my little heart scrapbooking punch to cut hearts out of extra lamination to
make the wings.  I hope you can see them.  They are cute and the kids can clip them by themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment